Volunteer Career Mentor
Mentors share their knowledge and work experience and assist mentees in navigating through the job search process and transition to a career in Canada. Mentors must have minimum of 2 years work experience in their field in Ottawa.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
• Work with people from different cultures
• Develop career coaching and leadership skills
• Receive professional development training
How will the organization benefit?
Mentors support internationally trained professionals by:
• Providing support with developing professional networks
• Explaining Canadian employment practices and requirements
• Identifying skills required in the job market
• Clarifying employer expectations
• Assisting with resumes and cover letters
• Providing support with job interview preparation and debrief
945 Wellington West, Ottawa, ON
Share this volunteer opportunity