Volunteer Driver for food relief
The Caldwell Family Centre provides free essential resources to the Carlington and surrounding neighbourhoods. We are in great need of volunteer drivers to deliver food boxes delivery every Wednesday to households that are not able to safely access food. The healthy food boxes that contain enough groceries for ~6 days. Without these food boxes many individuals would have no other way to get food.
Volunteer driver tasks include:
– Driving food boxes to individuals homes in the Carlington neighbourhood.
– Delivering and carrying the boxes to the door of the apartment unit or home.
– Boxes weigh ~25lbs.
– If there is no buzzer, you will need to call the individual.
– Some individuals are not able to lift the boxes, you may need to place them on a table/countertop in their home.
– Information for each household will be provided.
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
We need a picture/scan of your:
– Drivers License
– Valid Car Insurance
– Criminal Record Check **If you do not have one, we can send you a letter which allows you to receive one for free. I believe you can do this online, and you can receive it the same day.
*SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER TODAY 🙂 https://www.caldwellfamilycentre.ca/volunteer-today/
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Provide an essential, special service to the most vulnerable members of our community!
How will the organization benefit?
It will allow us to reach more community members, and provide some relief to staff members.
Unit 20. 1100 Medford st.
Share this volunteer opportunity