Are you the kind of person that knows how to bring the right people into a project? The The Ottawa Paw Pantry is looking for a Volunteer Manager to join our Leadership Team.
We’re looking for someone who can screen applicants to our volunteer positions and help determine if they’re a good fit with the organization. This role would oversee volunteer recruitment, onboarding, and helping support volunteers once they are part of our small but mighty charity.
We are looking for an outgoing individual that can help us continue to build our team, and retain our current volunteers!
– Develop and implement strategies for recruiting, training, and retaining committed volunteers
– Support current and future organizational needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital and volunteer morale
– Manage the recruitment, interview and selection process
– Assess training needs and monitor training programs
– Attend monthly leadership meetings and report on the status of volunteer recruitment, training and retention
– Work closely with all managers to ensure our core operations are fulfilled
– Management experience, especially in a volunteer setting, a strong asset
– Community oriented and results driven
– Self-starter and ability to work independently
– Creative problem solver who is comfortable managing people
– Proficiency in using a smartphone and Google Docs required
– Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
– Excellent active listening, interpersonal and communication skills
– Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
– Time commitment: 4-8 hours per week, potential for additional hours
– Looking for a commitment of at least 1 year
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
This is a great opportunity to join a small but mighty organization that helps pets and families in need.
As Volunteer Manager, you'll join the leadership team and have a say at a strategic level and ultimately help us as we work to reach out mission
How will the organization benefit?
The Ottawa Paw Pantry provides pet food to help families in need throughout the Ottawa area. We rely on a dedicated team of 15+ volunteers to support all elements of our operations, including client relations, deliveries and pick-ups, fundraising, and community outreach.
This is an entirely remote position
Share this volunteer opportunity