We are looking for committed individuals to join our dynamic staff teams to volunteer their musical talents for clients living with dementia and seniors living with mental health issues. Volunteers need to be able to play a musical instrument such as piano, guitar, flute, violin, etc for clients in one, or all of our programs for people living with dementia.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Taking direction from the Supervisor or Team Leaders the duties would include:
• Play a musical instrument for clients to enjoy, 30-60 minutes in length.
• Execute a variety of songs that clients may know and/or can sign along to.
• Engage clients in discussion regarding the instrument or the song being performed.
• Upholds the Carefor code of conduct and confidentiality policies
• Perform in accordance with Carefor’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Interest in working with individuals living with dementia and/or seniors living with mental health issues
• Ability to play a musical instrument competently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Dependability, friendly with a good sense of humor
• Enjoys working as apart of a team
o We are looking for individuals who can commit to performing in one or all three of our programs, minimum once a month for 30 – 60 minutes.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Work with and be apart of a dynamic, skilled team to:
Impact the life of a person living with dementia and/or senior living with mental health issues, through music
Learn new or enhance existing skills, such as interpersonal/communications skills
Learn about dementia and mental health issues
Share your musical talents with a very appreciative group of people, who engage with music very well.
How will the organization benefit?
Engage community members with diverse range of skills, experience and knowledge.
Raise awareness for Carefor, our programs & services, in the communities we serve.
Deliver our service in a more effective and efficient way, impacting more clients.
Increase opportunity to have clients enjoy live music.
Any or all of these three program locations:
1. Carling Adult Day Programs: 2576 Carling Avenue corner of Tavistock
2. Perley Adult Day Program: 1750 Russell road in the Perley Health facility
3. Respite House: 1750 Russell road, building #5, on campus of Perley Health
Share this volunteer opportunity