Volunteer Services Interviewer
Volunteer Services Interviewers are responsible for conducting phone interviews with potential volunteers. They’re typically the first people that volunteers interact with and are responsible for ensuring that the volunteers we onboard align with Shelter Movers values. As part of the Volunteer Services team, you’ll be a vital component in the onboarding of new volunteers.
– Communicate with volunteer applicants on behalf of Shelter Movers
– Conduct phone interviews with volunteer applicants and assess suitability of applicant to volunteer with Shelter Movers
– Gain familiarity with our volunteer management platform (Volunteer Hub)
– Assist volunteer applicants in the onboarding process while updating information on VolunteerHub and other relevant databases
– Approximately 4 hours/week ongoing
– A block of approximately 4 hours (can be split into 2 days i.e. 2 hours 2 different days during the week) during which interviews are conducted.
– Availability can vary (times can be during the evenings, weekends, or weekdays).
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
– Reliable work habits
– Strong organizational skills
– Experience conducting interviews.
– Ability to work as part of a team.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills, including managing conflict.
– Tact, discretion, high maturity level and good judgment.
– Ability to protect client and volunteer confidentiality
– Awareness of appropriate boundaries, compassion fatigue, and self-care
– Patience, empathy, emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and ability to handle difficult conversations
– Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
– Ability to apply an anti-oppressive lens to engaging volunteers
– Long-term interest in the Violence Against Women (VAW) sector
– Knowledge of Slack and Google Workplace (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.)
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an interview process, sign a confidentiality agreement, complete and pass a police reference check, and attend a Trauma-Informed Care Orientation session.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a positive impact helping women and families transition away from violence and abuse.
- You’ll gain experience in volunteer management and the nonprofit sector, with coaching and support from an experienced professional in the field.
- You’ll receive training in preparation for your role, and have access to ongoing training opportunities.
- You’ll work with a great team of passionate volunteers and supporters.
- After 3 months of satisfactory service, a confirmation of volunteering can be provided. After 6 months, we'd be happy to provide a personalized reference letter
Share this volunteer opportunity