BOARD OF DIRECTORS - TREASURER
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a charitable organization that supports children, youth and families?
There is now a volunteer opportunity to join our Board of Directors in September 2022 for the office of Treasurer! The successful candidate will have board experience, will hold the Chartered Professional Accountant designation or has at least 5 years of work experience in the area of accounting, banking or financial management. With a staff team of 12, the Parent Resource Centre (PRC) helps build confident, resilient families. We provide engaging high-quality in-person and virtual programs, supportive resources and practical approaches to parents, children, youth and caregivers.
Sitting members are happy to mentor and support new members to learn about their role as it relates to PRC. If you are passionate about our mission and vision, share our values and want to provide meaningful input into the oversight of the organization, please apply to join our enthusiastic and diverse board of directors.
The Board of Directors meets seven times per year and committees meet regularly. Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years.
Requirements and Qualifications
– Serving as Chair of the finance committee as well as and taking on special assignments as required
– Reviewing and approving PRC’s policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
– Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen and a passion for improving the lives of children, youth and families
– Professional experience with leadership, accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
– A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Interest in acting as an ambassador for the organization
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please send your resume to [email protected] by August 15, 2022. Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information please contact the Executive Director, Deborah Lehmann at [email protected] or visit PRC’s website at www.parentresource.ca
300 Goulburn Cres
Share this volunteer opportunity