Purpose: Maintain the warehouse flow. Keeping products up to date.
Time Commitment: On-going
Required: 2 valid doses of COVID19 vaccinations
Qualifications: Organized, punctual and team player
Description: This is a standing and walking position.
Contact with community members: No
• Receive incoming Food Bank donations
• Open donated boxes and verify Best by date
• Organize quantity and spacing of donations into warehouse following existing warehouse floor plan
• Maintain the inventory
• Ensure a proper rotation of all products that are coming in and leaving our warehouse. Specifically keeping an eye out for the best by dates.
• Check for product codes to verify actual product date following existing binder code or call the product company to inquire about the code
• Communicate about the new codes date to the manager to create a file for the new product
• Heavy lifting is required ( not more than 25 pounds)
Time and day:
• Tuesday 9:00pm to noon (1 volunteer)
• Thursday 1:00pm to 4:00pm (1 volunteer)
• Start date: As soon as possible
Free parking is available. We have a bus stop right at the front entrance.
We provide hand sanitizer and we keep 2-meter distance as required
Sign in sheet when arriving.
Located at 815 Blvd St Laurent (north side of the building)
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
It will give them the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
How will the organization benefit?
Our organization will benefit from the reliability of volunteers to help deliver important services to our community and for our daily operations. We are unable to function without volunteers.
815 St. Laurent Blvd
unit 3 - CRC Rideau Rockcliffe CRC
Share this volunteer opportunity