Wednesday Morning Breakfast Cook
This position is available on Wednesdays from 8:30am-10:30am.
• Prepare food in line with Centre procedures and recipes
• Assist with basic food preparation as per instructions by the Food Services Coordinator or support staff, such as washing, tasting, frying, peeling, and cutting vegetables/fruit
• Prepare, heat, and finish simple food items
• Portion, assemble, and wrap food
• Maintain a clean and organized environment
• Assist with clean up tasks, i.e. putting food away, clearing counters, washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces and appliances
• Comply with all food safety requirements, i.e. wearing gloves when required, proper hand washing techniques and food storage etc.
• Maintain regular communication with Food services Coordinator, Coordinator of Volunteers, and daily In-Centre staff.
• Participate in training and adhere to instructions provided by Centre 507
• Interactions with participants occur in the presence of staff in the event an issue should arise, such as a complaint by a participant, it is the responsibility of the in-centre support staff to respond
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
You will be assisting the Centre 507 to provide services to its diverse participants. Our provision of food and refreshments have been identified as essential service by the City of Ottawa. Many volunteers feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment and connection to a community. You will gain kitchen and food preparation experience and be working in a team with other staff and volunteers.
Centre 507, 2nd level of Centretown United Church.
Share this volunteer opportunity