Writer/Blogger: Walking Tours
OLIP is seeking Volunteer writers/bloggers to donate their time and talent to document walking tours of some of the iconic Ottawa neighborhoods in writing. The writer/blogger gives OLIP the text to be used on OLIP websites and social media channels.
· Promote on social media assigned/chosen walking tour before, during and after the tour
· Attend assigned/chosen walking tour in full
· Write an engaging story/blog highlighting the contributions of immigrants to visited neighborhoods. Whenever possible, include reactions of tour participants
· Write quick social media content for OLIP to use during or immediately after the tour
· Advise volunteer photographer of any photo you will need for your story/blog
· Edit your written content for spelling, grammar, and sentence structure
· Submit your text (and photo) to OLIP Communications officer Jean-Pierre Niyitanga at [email protected] To learn more about WOW, please visit our website at www.welcomingottawaweek.ca.
Please apply to the opportunity by 5pm EST on June 16th, 2022.
(If you are applying through GenNext please include such in your application for this opportunity)
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
WOW provides opportunities for quality interactions among residents, old and new. Recurring annually since 2013 on the last week of June, WOW was initiated by OLIP and proclaimed by the Mayor of Ottawa.
How will the organization benefit?
The Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership (OLIP) is a multi-sectoral partnership involving 60 organizations working on a common vision and shared priorities focused on building Ottawa’s capacity to attract, settle, and integrate immigrants.
Welcoming Ottawa Week (WOW) is an annual, week-long series of dialogues, cultural and celebratory events, guided tours, sports activities, documentary screenings, and other fun events designed to convey the genuine welcome and hospitality of Ottawa to newcomers.
The location will be provided closer to the date at various locations across Ottawa.
Share this volunteer opportunity